Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure (VBAZ) comes as a pre-packaged appliance available via the Microsoft Azure marketplace.
- Read the latest version of the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure user guide.
- You are likely to deploy the marketplace image and then change its appliance size after deployment.
- Review specific content around how backup works, and best practices for appliance, object storage, policies and workers.
- Consider the service limits and constraints associated with your Azure tenants and subscriptions.
- Consider the performance of specific Azure virtual machine sizes. Something might look like a good choice at face value, however remember disk size, speed and burst credits can factor into this.
- Consider the performance of Azure Storage accounts specific to your region. Storage accounts with different resiliency types (LRS, ZRS, GRS) in different regions have different speeds, and there is a maximum throughput per storage account.