- Create separate jobs per client (when multi-tenant) based on the application type (Exchange, OneDrive and SharePoint/Teams). This provides the following advantages:
- Each job can point to a dedicated backup repository to achieve the desired RPO and retention policy. Each application type can grow differently.
- Each job can run at its own schedule depending on the RPO agreed with the client.
- Each application type can be even further split into multiple jobs depending on the object types (e.g. Users, Groups etc.), RPO and schedule (e.g. Backup all Mail from HR every 4 hours and keep for 7 years).
- Backup maximum 4000 users in a single job.
- For large environments it is advised to increase the retry fail in the job configuration at least to 20 minutes or more.
- If the SLA allows, run backup jobs outside of work hours to reduce impact on M365 throttling.
- [Teams] Backup Teams data to the same repository as the Teams SharePoint sites in order to save repository space and processing time.
More info at:
VB365 BP Guide - Job Configuration
VB365 BP Guide - Backup Jobs
VB365 BP Guide - Teams Data