It is always key to plan for disaster and protect the service. Depending on the deployment location, all VB365 components (except for object storage itself) can be protected by image-level backup.
- On-premises: by Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam Agents.
- Public Cloud: by Veeam Backup for AWS/Azure/Google or Veeam Agents.
Some important considerations are:
- Restoring an entire proxy/repo server with local JetDBs.
- If the JetDBs are located on the local physical volume, it means that upon a complete restore, all of those JetDBs will be restored to the point-in-time of your choice. In case of a multi-tenant deployment, it impacts all customers’ backups hosted on this proxy/repo.
- if the JetDBs are located on a remote volume (e.g. iSCSI), it means that upon a complete restore, only the OS will be restored and all JetDBs will stay intact. However after restoring, you have to resync all the backup repositories that were involved.
- Restoring an entire proxy/repo with Object Storage repositories.
- Object Storage repositories use JetDBs as cache repositories only. Therefor upon a complete restore all the actual backup data remains untouched in the object storage. However the cache repository will need to be resynced.
For more on 3-2-1, check the general VB365 BP guide page.